Sunday, February 3, 2008

My Totally Awesome Parents

Anyone who knows my parents, knows they're totally awesome. But this week they are really outdoing themselves! My Dad had business in South Carolina, so he and my Mom decided they couldn't have the opportunity to be in the Southeast and not come see us! So, they flew into town last night. My Mom is here playing with us while Dad has to work and then Dad will meet up with us at the end of the week.
My February challenge to all of you is to leave a comment telling us a simple thing you love. I'm going to tell you two of mine that have happened in the last two days! The first thing that just made my heart sing was that my Dad smuggled Justin's and my absolute Northwest favorite to us in his luggage... Henry Weinhard's Root Beer! Holy cow, it is pure deliciousness in a bottle. There are many things Justin and I miss about living in the Northwest, but the top two being 1. My Family and 2. Henry's Root Beer (sorry Columbia River Gorge, you just got beat by a beverage! Just kidding, you know we love you!). So Dad, you totally scored some major brownie points! Thanks for risking the safety and cleanliness of all your luggage for our guilty pleasure!

My second favorite love of the week is that I convinced my Mom to start blogging! HOORAY! I love reading other people's blogs, so the fact that I could get my technologically timid Mom to start blogging is a victory for dorks like me everywhere! If you want to see pictures of our fun dinner of Japanese Hibachi last night (where Brynna ate like an absolute lumberjack), check out my Mom's new blog! Just click on 'Mark and Barb McLean' on my Family link list! Phil and Jody watch out, you know I'm coming after you next!

Now it's on you guys, share some love and leave a comment with your simple favorite! We love you all!

6 comments:

Kristine said...

1.Dancing like a superstar with my three boys!(Steve, Cole & Kade)
2.Snuggling in my bed in my soft & warm flannel sheets with my 3 Boys on Saturday morning and then finally getting our lazy butts out of bed and finding a delicious German breakfast treat left by our neighbor on our porch.
3.Experiencing all the fun & new cultural joys that I could have ever dreamed of in Germany & being able to share them with my family when they visit our little piece of heaven! We love you! ~Kristine

Marcelina Moreno said...

I am actually posting things I love for the whole month, I am such an overachiever. I am SUPER excited about your mom blogging. I love that lady and even though it's been forever since I have seen or talked to her, she will forever hold a special place in my heart as one of the coolest ladies I have ever met!

Traveling Mama said...

I love being a wife and a mom and all the simple joys that come along with it. I love baking cupcakes with the kids and eating half the icing before it lands on the cupcakes. I love being completely goofy with the kids and hearing them laugh hysterically. I love watching them grow and learn. I LOVE all their wonderful hugs and kisses! And I love sharing it all with my husband, my sweet and amazing best friend!

Lindsey said...

I have discovered the joy of Yoga. We have this Fit TV channel and I do it every morning and it makes me feel all calm - for at least 5 minutes. The girls love to do it too. . .they always ask if we can do "oga". It is something fun we can do together to make us healthy and limber!

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

I'm so in love with my two guys - my husband and my cute new son. It's awesome having all my dreams come true with a family of my own! And awesome extended family members...like YOU Sarah! Love & Miss you guys!! I hope you're having a great time with your parents in GA.

Kelli said...

My husband served in Eugene, Oregon and fell in love with Henry Weinhard's cream soda. It's hard to get here, but after he saw it on your blog, he tracked down some obscure store to get some!