Monday, March 3, 2008

In Search of the Perfect Dress!

Friday night Maryn, Brynna, and I had a fun 'Girl's Night Out' date with Tracy and Ansley Ensign (my new sis-in-law, Megan's, mom and sister)! We hit the mall in search of the perfect Flower Girl dresses for Aaron and Megan's upcoming wedding. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love the Ensign's. They are just so cool and we had a great time! The girls are obsessed with Ansley, who is so good to my two little monkeys. I've decided she can just come live at my house, because when Ansley is in the room, Maryn and Brynna are totally all about her, which makes life really easy for me!
Ready to conquer the mall!
Maryn being a diva, hmmm what's new?!
Tracy had found these little dresses for the girls! Aren't they beautiful?! She ordered pretty, pale yellow sashes for the dresses also, with big, beautiful bows and the girl's initials monogrammed on the front. She also took them and bought them white ballet slippers to wear with their dresses. Which we thought was appropriate since dance is such a big part of Megan's life. The girls, needless to say were thrilled and very excited to have new ballerina shoes! They were in their fairy tale imagination heaven. When it was time to change out of their dresses, Brynna had a meltdown and said "I don't want to take it off! I'M PRETTY!"
Again, as you can see, the girl's are just glued to Ansley! She wanted her dress to be a little different from the little girls and fell in love with this one. Isn't she beautiful?! Her and Tracy tried it on with a cute little black jacket and also with a white shawl. I know Ansley is going to look beautiful no matter which look they decide to go with!
We finished off the night with a bite to eat at Burger King. Tracy and I were able to just sit and talk while Ansley kept the girls happy on the playground. It really was such a fun night! Tracy, I can't thank you enough for spoiling those little girls of mine so much! I can not wait to see my beautiful daughters all dolled up on Megan's big day! You made this so special for them!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being a girl is so much fun.. They all 3 look darling !!

Traveling Mama said...

How cute!! Jody is SO right. Being a girl is fun!

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

The girls look adorable! I'm getting excited to see them soon. It's so cute how Brynna still has CoCo with her in every picture!

eric and girls said...

They are so cute. It looks like they had a lot of fun.

Cathleen said...

Everyone looks great!! So cute!! I'm so glad I will be there to see you all in person! Can't wait!!

Kristine said...

Three perfect little Georgia princesses! I love how girly girl they are! They are going to be so cute in the wedding.

Erin Lemons said...

They look good--Brynna is getting so tall--it looks like she is catching up to Maryn.

Blah De Dah said...

sarah these pictures are cute! You girls seem to be having so much fun and Im so excited to see all of you at the wedding! Such an exciting event....
p.s. I died laughing at the picture of Maryn when they were ready to take over the mall. your girls are too cute.

Blah De Dah said...

oh right, another thing. Sarah- tell Jody she needs to complete her blog with pictures and stories to tell because I miss phil and jody. thanks a million.

Aaron and Megan Young said...

Oh my goodness I just absolutely love everything!! The girls look so darn cute, I cant get over it!! Sarah, thanks so much for putting these pictures up. I cant wait to see you guys!! Tell the girls I said hello. Love yall!

Happy The Man said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Happy The Man said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Happy The Man said...

Wow, seeing these photos was like deja vu for me. I have hard copy photos of Megan with my oldest daughter Tory in tow looking very much like Ansley here with these little girls in tow. I only have a few of those old photos scanned thus far, all Halloween themed I'm afraid, but I thought I'd share. This first one is from 1994 and the next is from 1996. But don't be chuckling too much, I still have this little gem on the Young's side too from 1997. I have more of Aaron and Adam from that time period. One of them borrowed my camera at Greg Bishop's missionary farewell and snapped a few pictures of girl's rear ends... All innocent enough as they were young (Young) boys, but my wife raised an eyebrow at me when she saw the pictures that I allegedly took that day...

Anonymous said...

I was wondering If I can be a part of your new extended family as well. Are they taking walk-ins?