Justin was supposed to be out last night covering games in Atlanta for work. The person running the tournament he was planning on covering was late getting back to him with the game schedules. So Justin decided at the last minute to stay at home instead. No complaints out of this wifey! Justin went and rented 'Dan In Real Life' (one of my new FAVORITE movies!) and we settled in on the couch for some low-key together time. After the movie was over, Justin checked to see how the SEC Tournament, which was being played downtown, was doing. Instead of game updates there was mass confusion on the t.v. screen. Ripped off roofs, broken water mains, debris everywhere. What the heck was going on? It turned out that a freak storm had ripped through the busiest part of downtown Atlanta tearing it apart. We had no idea any of this had been going on. We're about 40 minutes north of where was hit hardest and all was quiet. News reporters scrambled to get eyewitness accounts from stunned spectators. They showed images of crumbled buildings, broken windows, sheet metal wrapped around trees, and all sorts of destruction. I couldn't help but sit there and say a silent prayer of thanks that Justin hadn't been down there, as he had planned to be, in the middle of it all.
7 comments:
We saw that on some sports channel last night. That is so crazy, but good thing Justin wasn't there.
How crazy that - thank heavens your hubbie made a great decision and spent a wonderful, safe night at home.
I saw the headline, but hadn't realized that the building was in use at the time. So scary! Sometimes these close calls serve as a wakeup call for what we daily take for granted. I'll take a close call over a real event any day.
We saw Dan in Real Life when it was in the theater a few months back...loved it! I need to pick it up on DVD now.
I hope the storm passes over your house without doing damage! I called my Mom this morning because I saw on the news all the damage the storm did downtown. Glad Justin was home with all his girls!!
I am so glad that Justin was able to be home. This weather has been crazy. I am just not use to this. I get paranoid about the weather.
I love tornado weather, as long as the tornados don't come anywhere near me and no one gets hurt. But things like that put it into perspective BIG time. I shouldn't be so eager for tornado season.
Oh my goodness! I am glad that you are safe.
Post a Comment