Saturday, May 9, 2009

Daydreams

I love to daydream. So often I'll find myself off little paths in my mind. Places where whatever you can imagine can become a reality, even if only for a moment. Places where I feel warmth on my skin, soft grass under my feet, sunshine shimmering in my daughters' hair and eyes. Justin and I laying down, looking up at stars, hand in hand, side by side. Down that path is my little patch of land. A home with a wide front porch and door that is always open. A kitchen full of smells, tastes and memories. A huge oak tree that's very presence reminds you of the history lived underneath it's shady branches. A barn with horses for the girls and I to ride. I dream of sunrises and sunsets and summer rainstorms. Of mountain lakes and moonbeams that fill the night sky. Down that little path in my mind, my spirits are lifted and outlook brightened. Because no matter where I really am, my imagination can lead me to just where I want to be.

2 comments:

Barb McLean said...

Sounds like Roseburg :) Today especially... I even had the homecooked aromas in the Kitchen. Loved Ray's new album teaser... I can see what has got that wonderful daydreaming mind of yours working overtime. Horses???? How soon you forget your "real life" experiences. We're all lucky you are still around to daydream!

Sarah Young said...

Mom, in my daydreams the horses don't try to kill me! :)