Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sunday Series: Secure in Him

"Security" by David Bowman
I saw this print when I was in Boise last October, visiting my Nana after her stroke. I bought it to put in the girls' room, because at the time they were feeling nervous about the dark. I wanted them to look at it and know, no matter where or what the circumstances, they were safe and didn't need to be afraid. I also loved what it represented at that time with my Nana's situation. Her stroke was a humbling thing to see. She had become so frail and so childlike. She lost much of her speech and was only able to tell us "Light, light... I wanna go." It was hard seeing her frustration as she realized that it wasn't her time. That she would be with us for awhile more. She realized she couldn't speak well. You could sense she knew life would not be the same. While it was hard to see, I also knew that my Nana is a woman of great faith. I knew that she could call on her Savior in her time of fear and uncertainty. The same way my little girls could in a dark bedroom and feel the security of His loving embrace. I am grateful for the knowledge that just like my Nana and my daughters, whatever fears or uncertainties come our way in life, we too can find comfort, security and love. In that embrace we will find the confidence we need to press on and fulfill His plan designed just for us.

No comments: