Fridays are for Pillow Parties. After a long week of school and comings and goings, I let the girls celebrate the start of each weekend by pulling out all their favorite blankets, animals and pillows. We clear the floor in front of the t.v., spread out, pick out a movie and just relax. Usually the girls do this right after Maryn gets off the bus on Fridays. But tonight we waited until after dinner and made it a whole family affair. It was one of those moments you wish you could have live in your memory forever. Maryn and Brynna snuggled together on the floor, the glow from the television screen in the dim light illuminating their faces. Lauryn in Justin's arms at the end of the couch laughing at every funny moment, old enough now to truly be part of the action. Justin and I sharing glances and smiles at each other every few minutes as if to say, "Can you believe it? They are ours."
There were moments while the movie's plot unfolded for each one of our nuggets to let their personality shine through. Whether it was moments of Maryn chatting away through the whole thing, moments of Brynna begging and whining for someone or thing to stop, and a moment when Lauryn mischievously turned off the dvd player just as it was getting suspenseful.
After the movie was over there were moments of snuggles, whining, kisses, fighting, wrestling and touching family prayers.
Moments of ordinary things that I don't ever want to forget.
Moments that make my life complete.
There were moments while the movie's plot unfolded for each one of our nuggets to let their personality shine through. Whether it was moments of Maryn chatting away through the whole thing, moments of Brynna begging and whining for someone or thing to stop, and a moment when Lauryn mischievously turned off the dvd player just as it was getting suspenseful.
After the movie was over there were moments of snuggles, whining, kisses, fighting, wrestling and touching family prayers.
Moments of ordinary things that I don't ever want to forget.
Moments that make my life complete.
4 comments:
I love this post!!!!!!!!!!
so...this kind of made us want to have kids, right now! haha. enjoyed the post
I love these phots! And I love Justin's glasses!
We started a little tradition all because of yours...I and the boys love it! Your such a good mommy!
Post a Comment