Justin and I have been craving some time together without the kids. So on Friday, my awesome friend Laura kept Brynna and Lauryn for us while Maryn was at school and we were able to sneak away and go to the temple. It was so nice to just have that quiet, spiritual time together. Then on Saturday, Justin asked Grammy and Gramps to take the kids. His friend Pete who is an Assistant Coach at Georgia Tech had gotten us tickets to the Tech/Wake Forest game. It was so much fun! Justin and I were laughing at how far I've come since we first got married. I actually had a lot of fun... at a sporting event... and I even understood what was going on and clapped and cheered at the appropriate times! Miracles do happen!
Haha, no brewskis were involved in our date, even though Justin looks like he's had a few!
It is tradition after any Tech game to go to the Marietta Diner. We figured since we had gotten two days worth of dates for free, we were totally springing for some Death by Chocolate!
This bad boy brought even Justin, who is a serious chocolate lover, to his knees!
I realized two things things this weekend.
1.) I could really get used to going on two dates every weekend.
2.) That even if I was meeting Justin again for the first time, I would totally date him, fall in love with him, and marry him all over again. He is so awesome and I'm so glad I can call him mine!
11 comments:
Isn't it great to get some alone time with hubs?! I love your second realization.
Lucky! As much as I love my kids, I really look forward to and cherish the time we get without them. Good for you, you deserve it!
It's the best to married to your best friend and someone you have such great times with. I can't imagine it any other way. So glad y'all had so much fun and on the cheap too.
Awww, how sweet. And so nice to have some alone time, especially when there's a new baby in the house.
I mostly can clap and cheer at the appropriate times at games, but I always hesitate a second to make sure the people around me are doing it, too. :)
jealous.....
What a great weekend! We all need a little battery charging from time to time and your weekend mix sounded perfect!
so glad that you guys had a little alone time. i love that your mom called it battery charging. i love her!
the thing i like (and granted, i realize we're very new and fresh compared, but...) is that i find more about him every day that i love. i love it!
Although Justin does look high, stoned, drunk, etc. in that picture, it does look like you guys had a great time!! And YUM-O...Marietta Diner!! Remind me we have to go there next time I come into town.
Sarah, you look so pretty in that picture!!!!
Looks fantastic! Do you know I've never eaten at the Marietta Diner?? Aren't they known for their Greek food?
Oh it looks like you two had so much fun! I think Riley watched that game. Sarah, I'm so proud of your vast sports knowledge... you've been trained well.
Post a Comment