Tuesday, February 3, 2009

25 Random Things

So those chain letters we hated getting as kids...this is kind of like that, only funner. As posted on my Facebook page...

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

1. I can't believe I'm attempting this again after Maryn erased the whole dang thing the last time I did it! But here we go!

2. I hate the sound of the bathroom fan. It's like finger nails on a chalkboard. I would much rather have a foggy mirror than listen to a dull roar.

3. I love Heidi Klum. She seems fun and real. And as an added bonus she can pull off sexy without being skanky. Nothing bugs me more than a hooch. And as Justin pointed out, the older she gets the more beautiful she is. I totally agree. In fact it makes the whole aging thing not quite so scary! :)

4. When I was in high school, and all the girls wanted Honda Civics or little Acura Integras, the car I really wanted was a Toyota Tacoma truck.

5. I know this is the Dental Assistant in me coming through, but it bothers me when people walk around with scuzzy teeth! Holy cow, just brush! You can't control how straight or crooked your teeth are, but dang it EVERYONE can have clean teeth!

6. I wish that when Stacy London (What Not to Wear) cleaned out her closets (which has to be often) I would be the lucky recipient of all of her hand-me-downs. The girl has style (hence her job) and I've never seen her wear something I wouldn't love to wear myself.

7. My friend Tammy 'sold' a Mitsubishi Mighty Max truck to Justin and I for $5 when Justin was in college. It was beat up and poop brown, but dang that thing just kept on going and we got about two years out of it! Best car 'purchase' ever!

8. My life is pretty much filled with constant noise (primarily from the incessant chatter from my offspring) which makes me crave quiet. But when the kids are gone and I have it, I miss the sounds of my family. Is that fickle?

9. The only thing I learned in Ms. Embry's third grade class was how to play chinese checkers, that you should keep your filthy paws off of cashmere, and that a teacher's boyfriend could indeed spin cookies in the parking lot outside the classroom window.

10. Not that I would ever want to do high school over again, but I wish I could have done it then with what I know now.

11. I wish that the set of 30 Rock was real life and I could work there.

12. When sitting, I like to put my feet up, cross them at the ankle and rub my feet together. It's a McLean thing.

13. I honestly don't think I've ever won anything... not even a cake walk. Hopefully my luck is saving up for something big!

14. I love Egg's Benedict, especially on my birthday.

15. Raw onions and peppers are repulsive and those who eat them should not be kissed.

16. I had a hard time talking to people until I had children. I was shy and the thought of it gave me anxiety. For some reason having kidlets helped me turn a corner in my brain. Now, I'll talk to pretty much anyone.

17. I am unimpressed by celebrity and I don't get the psychotic obsession people have with it. Who cares that whoever is dating whoever, who cares what so and so wore, who cares who looks fat or thin, who cares, who cares, who cares! Certainly some people are deserving of attention because of their talents or whatever, great, fine. It's just these new breeds of worthless celebrities that are famous because of their sheer retardedness... I just don't get it.

18. I'm ready to feel some sun on my skin.

19. I hope I make it to heaven. I'd like to imagine that it has lots and lots of beautiful flowers, beautiful soft grass that you get to walk around barefoot in, and all of your most favorite people to talk to.

20. I would love to have a beautiful yard someday with a cool, old tree and a hammock. It may never happen, which is why I hope for #19.

21. I love music and wish that I myself were musical. Who knows, I'm only 28, I've got plenty of time to learn an instrument before I die.

22. I have this fantasy of secretly learning a foreign language and then going on a trip to that land. And then just play it cool until some random moment and then bust out with perfect fluency and wow all my travel companions. You have to admit, that would be pretty awesome!

23. I wonder, when I die, which of my things or things about me will be meaningful to my children. What will they see or smell or touch that will remind them of me and be the things that they want to pass on to their children?

24. I wish I could ride a horse on a regular basis.

25. In spite of #13, I'm a very lucky/blessed girl!

No comments: