Tonight Justin was reading the girls 'Dance with Angelina' before bed. I was sitting on the couch across from them listening and this is what it sounded like...
Justin: "Angelina is doing an...what the heck is that word?"
Maryn: "It says arabesque Daddy."
Justin: looks at me for reassurance
Sarah: "She's right, it is arabesque."
Justin: "Okay, Angelina is doing an ARE-A-BESS-CUE?"
Sarah: "No sweetie, it's arabesque."
Maryn: "Don't worry Dad. Someday you'll get all this lady stuff."
It was so hilarious!
4 comments:
That cracked me up. I can't stop laughing about that. That is Maryn all the way. She is so dang CUTE!!!! Do you think Justin will ever be able to get the lady stuff?
Don't worry, Justin, I don't know what arabesque means either. Maryn is a smarty pants!! (and I mean that in a good way)
These refined words can mix anyone up. Jonathan's brother, in college took a girl on a date and as they looked at the menu at the fancy reastaurant, he said to her so confidently, "How about some of this QWEECHY?" But, it wasn't queechy.... it was keesh! (quiche) She laughed at him big time. Us old folks remember when quiche was pretty popular back in the 80's so he looked pretty... well... dumb. It got chalked up as one of those embarrassing date stories we all have to tell.
that is AWESOME!
Post a Comment