Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Barter 'Do

I am as happy as a leetle girrrl!
(I'm channeling Dieter)
Why you may ask?! Because I am finally going to get my nasty ol' head of hair cut!!!! Let there be REJOICING!!! I haven't felt this dowdy in a long time. My hair really is looking pretty bad. Even in a ponytail it looks gross and sad. But let the sadness cease, because I pulled together all my gumption and asked a girl who goes to my church, who owns her own salon, if she wanted to barter with me for a haircut and she said YES!!! She is helping me get my sassy back and I'm going to take her family pictures this summer in exchange. I love it when things work out! So now I have to decide what I want! My sis-in-law Kristen is looking so, so sassy with this 'do inspiration...... what do they say about imitation being the best form of flattery, or whatever? I wonder if my hair is too thin to pull something like this off? Kristen's hair is super thick, so it looks dang cute on her! Hmmm, I wonder. Lay your hair suggestions on me! At what point on my hair timeline did you like it the best?! Or give me new 'do ideas! One request though please, no mullets!

11 comments:

Marcelina Moreno said...

I'm so confused...is your sister in law the girl from laguna beach? if that is not her, then dang they could be twins. I'm excited to see pictures of the new do. I've been wanted to chop all my hair off, but I don't know anyone in Seattle yet that I trust.

Sarah Young said...

Haha, no that's just a picture she took to her hairdresser! I'm so not with it, I don't even know what Laguna Beach is, but I guess that's the girl! :)

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

Ok, I WISH that was what I looked like (although her name IS Kristen!!). Anyway - thanks for the shout out. :) I LOVE your hair in a shorter bob. Kind of A-line I think. I'm thinking of it in the one Christmas card picture you did one year (my memory is horrible) where you guys are all wearing red. No matter what you do, I'm sure it will look super sassy!! Good luck and can't wait to see "after" pics!

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

Sorry, it's me again...but I just thought of this - have you tried to go to instyle.com - you can upload your picture and try on different hair styles for free. It's pretty cool. I did that before I chopped all my hair off!

Marcelina Moreno said...

I'm ashamed to say that Laguna Beach is a show on MTV. I know I know, I should probably never have children.

Sarah Young said...

Lol, Marcey you crack me up!

Kristine said...

My favorite haircut on you hands down.. was when you came to Roseburg for the first time without Justin.. Pixie cut.. absolutely adorable.. you have a thin face and totally can pull it off.. I think you said you felt "gay" with it.. but it is the time I remember you looking the cutest! I guess I have weird taste! Go sassy short!

Jill said...

I hear ya on the ick factor! I need a new 'do' too! I actually did a perm 2 years ago and it was cute, but the scrunched hair every day got a bit sticky!! I say go sassy short too! Not too short, but like the picture you showed! Super cute!

Valentina Fussell said...

CUUUUTE! Lovin' it!

hilla said...

I love that cut! You can pull of any sassy do anyway, so no worries. Craving some blondey streaks perhaps?

Barb McLean said...

I'm with Kristine... I loved that short sassy cut you had a few years ago and some extra blonde for good measure!