Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Brynna Grace

It seems like yesterday she came into my life and today she is four. Here is the entry I wrote in her baby journal four years ago about her arrival into our lives...

My Dearest Brynna Grace,

As I sit here and watch you sleep my heart is so full of love for you. You are such a bright spot in my life and I am so thankful to my Father in Heaven for giving you to your Dad and I. From the moment you were born I felt like I'd known you forever and I couldn't imagine our family without you being a part of it. Words can't express the love I feel for you, my daughter. I want to tell you the story of the day you were born. May 26, 2005 was a day I was looking forward to. It was the day my midwife said I could be induced if you still hadn't arrived past my due date. So by 7:30 am I was up, showered, and dressed. I called the hospital to see when they wanted me to come in. Bad news, there were no beds available. It seemed all the other pregnant ladies in Georgia had decided to go into labor. So your Dad and I waited hoping the hospital would call. At 1:00 I went to a doctor's appointment. After that, Dad and I decided to go out to lunch and get our minds off waiting. No sooner had our food arrived, the hospital called. A bed was available! We scarfed down a few bites, paid the bill and hurried to the hospital! You soon would be here! We arrived around 3:00 pm and I was given pitocen through an I.V., shortly after that they broke my water. Boy, did the contractions come on hard and heavy then. It was much more pain than I remembered having with your sister Maryn. I had an epidural about 45 minutes later. For some reason the epidural settled in my legs. So my legs were numb, but I could still feel my contractions and was having horrible back pain. The midwife said she expected you would be born around midnight. I hoped I could make it with the pain I was in. I told the nurse my back pain was intense. She said she would check with the anesthesiologist to see if something was wrong with the epidural. Before she left, she checked me and to everyone's surprise you were on the way out. They called for the midwife who barely had time to throw on a smock! Two pushes later, you were in my arms. Your Dad cried, I cried. We couldn't believe it, you were here and we were so in love with you...We are so blessed. Brynna, I want you to know how grateful we are you are in our family. We chose your middle name, Grace, because it means a special gift from God. That's what you are. You came to us so unexpectedly but we couldn't be more grateful to have you. Your spirit in our lives is truly a blessing. I look forward to filling the pages of this journal as I watch you grow. I hope you know, now and forever, how happy I am to be your mother and how much I love you.

All My Love,
Mom

I just cried all the way through typing that because I still feel the same. I feel so privileged to be her mother. I want Brynna on this very special day to know just how much I love her. Always and forever.

Party pictures to come...

6 comments:

kidding...right? said...

Happy Birthday Brynna!
Sarah, you do such a good job writing down your thoughts and feelings.

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

Happy Birthday, Brynna! I too can remember the day you were born! I remember your Mom's legs being numb. You are such a fun girl and are lucky to have such a sweet Mom and Dad! Your sisters aren't bad, either. :) We love you and can't wait to see you soon!

Swangerlings said...

It is so great to look back on such wonderful memories. It is easy to forget and you were smart to record your feelings at that moment.

Barb McLean said...

Happy Birthday Brynnie! I hope all your birthday wishes come true! Some of my all-time favorite one-liners have come out of that little lady's mouth! Can't wait to hear all about her b-day!

Barb McLean said...

what's with the save the planet blogger... he got onto my blog too...now I know why people sometimes don't open their blogs to just anyone.

Aaron and Megan Young said...

Happy Birthday Brynna!!! We love you and can't wait to see you soon!!! Hope it was a magical day! xoxoxo