Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Little Garden

After years of talking about how I wanted to plant a garden, I finally brought my own little dirt patch to fruition! I must say, it took some encouragement from my friends, but it's finally real! In the past, I have been known to be a killer of plants. Unintentionally, of course. So with that in mind, I always shyed away from committing myself to the mass destruction of plant-life by trying a garden. But this time I am determined to nurture my little dirt patch along! So send some green thumb wishes my way and let's hope in a couple of months I'll be happily munching on the fruits of my labor!

5 comments:

Swangerlings said...

So pretty I love it! I have 2 of those huge raised beds on the side of my house that I need to totally redo.

Barb McLean said...

Oh, your father is gonna be so proud! Sarah... Georgia is as hot as h-e- double toothpicks so water, water, water!

Hayley said...

ahhh - your mom psuedo swore! :) just kidding - i loved it. i can hear her sweet giggle with that.

what a smart idea - that's going to help you save money in produce!!! some day, when i have a yard, i'm going to try to do that, too!

p.s. you were right (on my blog) but i'm still just mad. i can't help it.

Seth & Courtney said...

Wow, I love it! I too am a plant killer and a garden lover so I admire your go get 'em attitude. It's a great place to have the kids help out too. I've wanted to try a raised bed too, but because we have the same heat and dryness issues you do I've hesitated, but you've inspired me. I hope you put more pictures up as the summer and the garden develop! Way to go!

Jen Nagel said...

I dream of being a green thumb myself and contemplated becoming a member of a community garden here in town. My yard is lacking space for my own garden and the dog doesn't help either. I debated digging up half of my raspberry bushes (which were here when we moved in) to plant other veggies. But the thought of killing some of my delicious raspberry plants pains me.