Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Feelin' the Love!

The girls woke up on Valentine's morning excited. It was a special day and it started out with Justin and I making them heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast!
Maryn especially loves holidays and thought this was SO cool!
Lauryn, looking so cute, even though she was wishing she had teeth so she could have some pancakes instead of baby toast!
Brynna could hardly wait to dig in! Who really can be bothered with pictures?!
Justin has another Daddy-Daughter tradition with his girls and it is that he gets each of them a card for Valentine's every year. The girls are always so excited to open them with their Daddy. This year was cool in the fact that Maryn read every word on her card by herself! There's a sign she's growing up ! Yipes!
The girls also got some love from the grandparents! They LOVE getting mail, so this was especially a great treat for them! Another bonus was that in the cards Nana and Papa sent there was a Wal-Mart gift card for both Maryn and Brynna! The girls were out of their heads with happiness! After breakfast they kept asking if it was time to go to Wal-Mart and pick out a new toy yet!
We finally stopped torturing them and after eating we got showered and out the door to Wal-Mart! Maryn picked out a 'Littlest Pet Shop Deco Pet' almost immediately. (She had a blast personalizing her new pet. She named it Sparkles, but Justin and I call it Pup Von-D, like Kat Von-D the tattoo artist, because Sparkles is VERY decorated!) Brynna on the other hand scoured the aisles looking for just the right thing. She kept saying she wanted a BIG horse, not another My Little Pony. So we searched and finally found a 'Pucci Pup and Friends' pony that she was just crazy about. She immediately named him 'Merrylegs' after the white pony from Black Beauty. It was cute!
They even paid for their purchases on their own with their own gift cards. It was very cute and the cashier was playing up what big, grown-up ladies they were!
Then we headed off to Grammy and Gramps house for more fun and where the girls continued to feel the love! Within seconds of being through the door they had raided Grammy's candy dish and then were told to slow down for a second because there was a present for them to open!
What could it be?!
A new movie and gift certificates to their favorite pizza place, Stevi B's! Wahoo!!!
Then Grammy and Gramps sent Justin and I out the door for some alone time while they baked sugar cookies with the girls!
Lulu and Gramps run at a slightly less amped up speed than the others and were content to share a tender moment over a bottle. Look how she's holding his pinky. I love it!
I am just so thankful that we have so many people in our life who are so good to us and love us so much. This Valentine's Day, and every other day for that matter, we were totally feelin' the love!

6 comments:

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

Cute post! I'm especially blown away at the amount of food the girls can eat looking at their breakfast plates!! haha. Looks like the Young's had a FUN Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

We feel so blessed to be able to make memories like these. Glad we could be a part of their fun day!!!

Kelli said...

Wow, what an awesome Valentine's Day! I love the pinky-holding - made my heart flutter. :) We haven't ever done anything major for Valentine's Day before, but I was telling Bryce we have to start next year because we are raising little MEN who need to know to give their girlfriends and wives really great Valentine's days. They have to see us doing things for each other and them so they carry that on. Now you've inspired me!

hilla said...

Grandparents rule! And so do dads that acknowledge holidays!
I keep seeing your fam, but have yet to even meet you! Ludacris!

Oh- and I bought a Ray Lamontagne cd today and thought of you! :)

Tracy E said...

So glad you all are into all the holidays too! Where would life be without them? And okay, these girls are just way too cute!!!!!!!

Barb McLean said...

How fun! Thanks for sharing the girls excitement with the little gift cards, and their fun day with Grammy and Gramps. I feel all amp'd up now and I wasn't even there! Kuddo's to Justin for letting his little women feel the daddy love!