Sunday, March 8, 2009

Curses to Clairol

So I'm pretty much REAL TICKED OFF right now. I don't do much for myself, but dang it, I like a good haircut and highlights. Well, given our current situation it doesn't seem right for me to go blow $100 on a haircut and color. But I haven't had my hair done since early December and well I was feeling like an ugly dog. So I thought I'd be a good little woman and do the right unselfish thing and try to go as cheap on my hair as possible and folks THIS IS WHAT I END UP WITH!!!! Does that look like Golden Honey to you?!!! I think not! I THINK NOT!!!!! Unselfishness is totally overrated. I should have gone and gotten a flippin' professional haircut. Luckily it's semi-permanent. So excuse me while I go wash my hair 28 times.

15 comments:

Erica said...

Um, I agree that is not golden honey. But I do like the color! :) How many washes do you have left?

hilla said...

Oh man! Where is Aunt Jody when you need her? Maybe a little change is exciting for Justin? It aint golden honey, but I kind of like the color.

Adam Young said...

you should have waited for me and amanda to get there!!! she said she would have done it for free!!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH Are you kidding me! NIce we should sue them...I am mad for you! I can't wait to see it for real!

Anonymous said...

I Hate it when that happens!!!! But really it is a pretty color. So you're a new women for the next 20 something washes, HA!!! You are beautiful no matter what.....

Traveling Mama said...

Sarah, I'm not kidding-I had the same thing happen to me (have you seen the picture my Sister-in-law posted of me on FB? Thanks, Amy!) Seriously, my hair was supposed to be a slight auburn brown and turned ELECTRIC black. Oh, and they forgot to mention that those 28 washes are only good if you don't dye your hair DARKER. KILL. They are lucky I couldn't find them! It was permanent. It took almost a year to grow out and never really faded...
so, I say all that to encourage you! The color is actually very cute... SO not electric black! LOL! I say just go with it!! Own it, girl! And never feel guilty about splurging again! LOL!

Swangerlings said...

HA! I did the same thing and in the fall. That's how I ended up with the red hair. I had to spend 140.00 to get it color corrected and it was red! I guess it was better than going black. After about 7 weeks it faded a lot and I got it died for 40.00 and a big tip, cause I was so happy to not see so much red. At least you did semi permanent. lol I am due for another die job to cover it up some more.

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

Oh my gosh...I kid you not, I went to Walgreens today because they had a really good deal on the Garnier box color and I thought about getting some, because like you (and most women out there probably) I felt bad about spending $100+ on my hair. I didn't end up getting the box color, and how ironic when I get home today I look at your blog and read this post!! Too funny.

I gotta say though, that brown (even though it's not the color you were going for) it's actually really pretty!! Show us a head shot...I bet it makes your eyes look super stunning! In the meantime, keep washing and I'm sure it will fade.

Melysa said...

That looks much better than purple. Don't ask how I know... I just do. :)

Kristine said...

In case you have not heard.. brunettes have more fun :0) I like the rest of your encouraging friends.. happen to like the new color.. and although not what you wanted.. could have been much, much, much worse! I want a face pic - I bet you are just being hard on yourself!!! Now there are so many new colors to wear! That red sweatshirt is going to look hot on you with your new color!

Aaron and Megan Young said...

I was thinking about doing the same thing to my hair, but I decided to wait. Amanda was so kind to do my hair and she did a great job. I dont think that it looks bad at all, I think the color is pretty!!

KatSpy said...

I'm sorry Sarah. Just pretend your a teenager experimenting......lol Whether you're blond or brunette, you're gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Hm, when I first died my hair brown it turned a grayish/purplish color and I had to re-do it. Be happy it's not gray =-/

Seth & Courtney said...

Once I bought professional products (thanks to my Dad) and tried to teach my friend how to give me a foil weave with no prior knowledge, thinking it doesn't look that hard and would save so much money. Three hours later when she was almost half way done, we realized what a mess we'd gotten ourselves into! I had to get it re-done professionally as I looked like a half of a pineapple. I agree that you should enjoy your new identity especially because the color is nice and your hair looks shiny and beautiful like the hair in those commercials for their products!!

Anonymous said...

Sarah, this is Erin's mother-in-law...Steve's mom! Let me share a bit of mother wisdom. Not only do you deserve beautiful hair but you deserve the "Time Out". Next time you go to the market and your little ones want a treat...just say "not today, mommy is saving for a beauty day"!! good luck