Each footstep down the thin, dirt path leads you further and further away from any cares you may carry. Each breeze that makes it's way across your skin and through your hair carries off with it responsibility and burden. The sunlight that filters down through green, leafy treetops warms your very soul. You breathe in deeply and in that moment... you become transformed. Once again as a little child. One who relishes the possibility of getting dirty and to whom wet toes really don't matter. Gone is the hurriedness of passing life by as you pause to marvel at a leaf, a stick, a seed, a bubbling stream. You feel small and at the same time connected to something much bigger than yourself. Down that thin, dirt path contentment is found.Monday, March 23, 2009
Nature Babies
Each footstep down the thin, dirt path leads you further and further away from any cares you may carry. Each breeze that makes it's way across your skin and through your hair carries off with it responsibility and burden. The sunlight that filters down through green, leafy treetops warms your very soul. You breathe in deeply and in that moment... you become transformed. Once again as a little child. One who relishes the possibility of getting dirty and to whom wet toes really don't matter. Gone is the hurriedness of passing life by as you pause to marvel at a leaf, a stick, a seed, a bubbling stream. You feel small and at the same time connected to something much bigger than yourself. Down that thin, dirt path contentment is found.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


She loved it and I couldn't have been prouder.
8 comments:
Okay, can that baby get any cuter?!!! She is beautiful!!!! And those other two little girl hikers make the gorgeous scenery look just so so in comparison to their bright smiles. Hope to see you all soon sometime.
Very well put my friend! It was as if I was there all over again.
All my favorite "Georgia Peaches" having a girls day out...I love it!
I hear ya sister! Love the matching pink ball caps. A little over 5 years ago Brett took me on a similar hike and along the way he asked me to marry him. Perfect setting, perfect day!
I love how everyone seems to be wearing some kind of pink!! Love those girls! Sarah, you are such a great writer...I just love reading your blog.
Love the pics! What a fun way to spend the day!
I admire you for doing that! It's one of those things I really want to do - in theory. Hiking with the kids! Someday, I WILL do it. Y'all look very cute, and how fortunate they are that they get to enjoy nature like that. So many kids now don't even get out in their back yard!
Did you cordinate all the pink? It does make for some cute pics.
Post a Comment