Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday Series: Who I Am

This is Jeffrey R. Holland. He is one of the twelve living apostles on the earth today. Just as Christ had apostles on the earth in his time, He has appointed them in our time as well. I love to hear the words of inspired leaders of Christ's restored gospel on the earth today. Here is just one of many statements that has touched my heart...

"First of all, I want you to be proud you are a woman. I want you to feel the reality of what that means, to know who you truly are. You are literally a spirit daughter of heavenly parents with a divine nature and an eternal destiny. That surpassing truth should be fixed deep in your soul and be fundamental to every decision you make as you grow into mature womanhood. There could never be a greater authentication of your dignity, your worth, your privileges, and your promise. Your Father in Heaven knows your name and knows your circumstance. He hears your prayers. He knows your hopes and dreams, including your fears and frustrations. And He knows what you can become through faith in Him."

3 comments:

hilla said...

I needed that- thanks.

Swangerlings said...

Sarah, you don't can't even imagine how much I needed to hear those words. Thank you so much.

Barb McLean said...

That felt like a love note from heaven! It's great to be reminded that we are Heavenly Fathers creations, and we have an eternal purpose and destiny! Girls Rock!